St Frederick Baptist Church
Marble Falls, Texas

Things You Should Know About Our Church

Our Church was founded in 1893
-Resided at the current location for 32 years
-The only African America led church in the city
-Have fed the hungry in the vicinity for 30 years through
Mission Outreach
-Feed 800-1,000 meals on Thanksgiving
-We believe in fellowshipping with churches of all
Denominations and races
-Despite the changes in many contemporary church’s
Programs, we feel evening worship services are important
-We believe in mission, domestic and foreign.
We encourage higher education both Spiritual and Secular.
We are very active in our community and are always willing
To support righteous causes.
Currently maintains two websites, Historic & Prophetic.

Motto:
A CHURCH FORMED AND TRANSFORMED BY FAITH
 
Home - REVEREND - REVEREND - George Perry, Call: 830-693-4499, St. Frederick - Baptist Church, Marble Falls, Texas - stfrederickchurch@yahoo.com - Open To All
 
 
 
 
 
St. Frederick - A Church of Jesus Christ - All Are Welcome - History:
 
 
 
 
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT

SCHOOL AND CHURCH HISTORY


St. Frederick Baptist Church was organized in 1893 in the home of Mrs. Dicie Yett Johnson, daughter of Joseph Yett. She had been reared on the P. M. Yett place in the Spicewood area. Married to Green Johnson on October 5, 1870, they moved into Marble Falls, and reared nine children. They worked for years at the Roper Hotel and lived behind it.

At some time between 1893 and 1899, they began having school and church in the bottom of the Blazing Star Lodge building then located near the corner of Main and Sixth Street. On January 21, 1899, the St. John’s Missionary Baptist Association of Travis County bought the property and building from the lodge for $175.00. This was for the benefit of the local St. Frederick Baptist Church. The Reverend A. L. Walker was the local preacher at the time.

The Black population, once mostly in the northeast section of town, began to move to the southwest portion of town, and in 1907, the Travis County association traded the land on Main Street (Lot No. 2 in Blk.35) to A. F. Hicks, a realtor, for Lot 20, Blk 239, which was on the corner of South First Street and Avenue L. This was in a shady pecan bottom where Whitman Creek had once meandered, near the depot. The local congregation later bought the rest of that half block. The building was moved to the new site, remodeled and church and school resumed here. The clerk fo r this early church was G. A. Jarmon. The Deacon Board consisted of M. Jarmon, W. Jackson, B. Rhynes, and J. Samuel, Mrs. Amanda (Johnson) Jackson was the first Sunday School Superintendent, a position she held for 20 years. She also had charge of the Starlite Bank. In 1955, the church in the “hollow” was torn down and rebuilt at the corner of Avenue N and North First Street. The present church is located at Avenue N and 3rd Street.

Ministers for the Church after moving to the “hollow” were:

A. R. Sheckles from 1907 to 1919
Mr. Collins from, 1919 to 1930
Mr. Randells from 1930 to 1932
Mr. Seelies from 1932 to 1935
Mr. Kelley from 1935 to 1949
Mr. Williams from 1949 to 1969
Mr. Ross from 1968 to 1978
Mr. Carthcart from 1978 to 1984
Mr. Hayes from 1985 to 1996
Rev R. T. Brown from 1996 to 2006
Rev C. W. Hackett from 2006 to 2008
Rev George Perry – Interim Pastor form 2008 to 2010
Rev Ernest Hollins from 2010 to 2011
Rev George Perry – Pastor from 2011 to now

Together, we the St. Frederick Baptist Church, must continue to grow in the Lord. Our Lord Jesus Christ has charted our course, and we must follow it all the way, to gain His benefits down here and in Heaven. “I must work the work for Him that sent Me, while it is day, for when night comes, no man can work.”

Our Mission Outreach ministry, prepare over 1,000 plates monthly. All these families are helped by donations from our community. This ministry was started in 1985. St. Frederick Baptist Church is Blessed, and we thank God. And most of all, we trust God to meet our needs.

 
exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF REVEREND -

George Perry:



Reverend - George Perry

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF CHAIRMAN  -

Deacon Henry Jackson:



0pen-

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF -

Deacon Horace Barton:



Open -

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF  -

Deacon Robert Isaac:



Open -

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF  -

Deacon Nick Wall:



Open -

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF  CHOIR DIRECTOR -

Sister Debra Jackson:



Open -

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF  -

Evan. Sue Kennedy:



Open -

.


exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF  -

Evan. Valma Barton:



Open -

 
exhibit_02

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF  MISSIONARY - CHURCH ADMIN. -

               Sis Bessie Jackson:






Open -

 
From Our Family To Yours
 
 
 
Put on the
Whole
Armour of
God
       Ephesians 6:11      
 
 
 
| Home | About Us | Services | News & Events | Contact Us | History
| Youth | Outreach | Appreciation | Gallery | Donations | STUDY |
 
Thanks For Helping Us To Become An - - -
 
"Award Winning Site In The Eyes Of The Lord . . ."
 
Don't Forget To Add St. Frederick Baptist Church Of Jesus Christ To Your Bookmarks or To Your Favorites - - -
 
After Searching Other Churches - Our Members and Guest - Say We Are The Best...
 

 
Back to top
website security
 

HTML

 
LYRICS: - Master, The Tempest Is Raging!

Check What State or Countries Are Looking At Us: